Saturday, November 3, 2007

Glinda the Good Witch


So, "Glinda the Good Witch" came to visit the kids the day after Halloween. Each of the kids chose whatever candy they wanted from their trick-or-treat bags, then gave the rest to Glinda. I told them, "You can take whatever candy you want, but Glinda knows how much candy you have eaten. So, the more you give to Glinda and the heavier your bag is, the bigger your gift will be." So, Micah's candy was practically GONE by the end of the night! Glinda should have given him a penny...but she was nice this year and gave him some fun Color Wonder things....same as Colton. Bria on the other hand took 5 small pieces of candy, and left the rest to Glinda. She made sure her bag was the heaviest by leaving the King Size Snickers and taking the snack size...so...Glinda made sure to give Bria the Hannah Montana DVD she's been bugging me about for the last month! That is her super excited face when she gets something so cool! Glinda is officially my new favorite holiday friend!

12 comments:

Vanessa said...

That is a GRAND idea, I'm loving it and might have to adopt that tradition into the Quan family if you don't mind. Wow, that is SO smart, did you think of that one all by yourself?! =)

Vanessa said...

By the way, Bria makes the cutest faces, she's very expressive.

Scott and Stacia said...

I remember you doing that before but had forgotten. Love the idea :)

Lara Neves said...

that is a great idea! I hate having all the candy around! (And I'm pretty sure my Bria wouldn't have been so generous with her king size candy, LOL!)

BTW, I live in Cedar City now.

swampbaby said...

What a great idea. I just let my kids go at it for a couple of days and then they don't want it anymore. I like this idea, though.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

That is a great idea, maybe I will try it next year.

Heather said...

What a good idea. I will have to try that next year. I through all my candy away. Jett started to eat the hole candy, paper and all.

Evaly said...

Oh, Bria's face is too funny! Great candy solution too.

Maddy said...

That is such a great idea!! I have to steal that for next year!

ang said...

what a fun idea and your blog is so cute! feel free to stop by any time and say hi! www.thebarkergang.blogspot.com

Unknown said...

What a concept! I love it. We still have candy sitting around here. What will we do with it. Glenda, we need you too!

Kari Clark said...

I wish I would have heard about that idea before now - I swear I ended up eating most of the treats! Fun blog - your kids are super cute!