Thursday, March 6, 2008

Day Four of Our Trip...

I know it's taken me forever to finish posting on our trip. I took SO many pictures and video, it's hard to narrow them down. I wanted to warn you that this post is lengthy...yet fun all around:o)
Saturday, we woke up and we were in COZUMEL, MEXICO! This is what we saw when we got off the ship.
Here's the dinky Carnival Ship next to our beast of a boat...and here's Bryce & Whitney.

After we got everyone together, we took taxis to the dock...and boarded onto a ferry boat. The ferry took us to the mainland.


When we arrived, we were able to look around at the shops. Randy found some cool masks and decided to pose for us all!



Then, we took vans over to Xel Ha. It was "all-inclusive...and was so great!
Before enjoying all the activities at Xel Ha, we decided to eat at the YUMMIEST Mexican restaurant there. Here's the Conklins, Christophersons and us eating some dang good food. My personal favorite...loading everything I could on some corn tortillas for the greatest taco experience ever! It really was THAT good!
Here's Collin, Jerry, and Randy in all their glory:)


After eating we headed out. We went snorkling and saw some amazing fish and sting reys. This lame guy that worked there wanted to take a picture of the Christophersons and us. None of us had life vests on, and he wanted us to "move closer together". Anyways, long story short, Raelene and I kept kicking eachother with our fins and almost drowned because we were laughing SO hard! Then, after almost drowning, he asks if he can take another picture! Hello! He wouldn't leave, so we yelled at him to "take the stinking picture". It was hilarious! After we were done, we went cliff jumping. I was so freaked out to go, but ended up going once. About halfway down, I wondered what the heck I had just done! I also had a wonderful bathing suit malfunction...that was fun:) After jumping in from the cliff, we swam over to a rope "bridge"... there's one rope up high that you hold onto, and one that you walk on... It was seriously so funny! I really wish I had pictures of this...but knew my camera would get wet. While walking around, we saw LOTS of iguanas!!! Two of them actually ran right for us!
This is the part of Xel Ha where we went snorkling. It was beautiful!


Here's a picture of Damon and me back on Cozumel. We were able to go shopping for a bit, and had a near-death experience with one of the taxi drivers! He was going FULL SPEED towards a pedestrian, then slams on his breaks nearly hitting this man...then started laughing like it was the funniest thing! I have to admit, we thought we were going to die...but when he started laughing...we felt a sigh of relief and laughed with him.


Look at this spectacular sunset!

Then, we headed back to the ship.


That night at dinner it was Rhett's turn to be surprised with birthday wishes from all the crew...and from us!


This made me laugh...this waiter is using the butter lids as "symbols" when singing to Rhett!

Later on we all went to a show. I think it was just nice to sit. Here's the Smiths, Emmetts, Conklins, Christophersons, Collin and Randy at the show.

And...we couldn't skip out on karaoke...now could we??? Here's Dave and Randy.
Michelle and Cary...

Collin and Kirk...
This picture made me laugh! There were a bunch of girl singing and they invited Bryce to go up there with them. He's totally dancing with all of them, and Whitney is sitting on the side hysterically laughing!


We had such a great time! I just need to figure out a way to edit my videos...then I'll post them! Thanks everyone for a most memorable day!!!

9 comments:

Anonymous said...

Cool pictures! Doesn't Holly look sexy in those pictures? If I can take time to post a comment, all of you should as well. No excuses! Just kidding! Please write something. We would love to hear from all of you! I'm still here at work and I'd better get out of here! See ya!!!

DCASS "the dirty Hawaiian" (:

Holly said...

I don't know what you're talking about...I look like crap!!!

Anonymous said...

I love Xel-ha those pictures make me miss it! Did you swim with the Dolphins?~ Lacee

Amy said...

So, so FUN!!!

Unknown said...

Wow! That place looks beautiful. Luckies! And you and Damon are cute as always ;D

Vanessa said...

So I couldn't spend too much time looking at the pictures before getting sick and jealous for another cruising adventure! LUCKYYYY! =) I'm telling you, we're going to go on one together.

Lisa said...

OK....now I officially need a vacation!!

Heather said...

That looks like so much fun. I need some sunshine!

Kari Clark said...

It looks like you guys had so much fun!
kari