Wednesday, February 4, 2009

Different sides...

I had Parent/Teacher Conference tonight, and have really learned a LOT about Bria!!! In her "writing journal" she tells of some fun places we've never visited, and things we've done together that have never happened. Hmmmm... Here are some things she's written...
"Over the weekend I went to a lake. We caght a fish." (She's never been fishing)
"Today I plaed with my sister. Her name is Maddy. I love to play with her." (Ummm, what sister?)
"I like blueberry pie. I helped my mom make it. It tasted yummy." (Never have I made a blueberry pie!)
"On Fall break I went to legoland. It was fun. I found a toy on the ground. I started to play with it. It was a hores webkinz." (We've never been to LegoLand)
"Me and my couson went fishing. Her name is Mackayla. We cout a huege one. It was big and orange. Then we when home. My mom said to cook it. I said I hate fish. My mom said to eat it. Then I cloged my nose and ate it. Thank you my mom said." (Again, she's never been fishing)
THEN...there's the funny/sneaky side of her...
"Today we made Thanks-o-Grams. I wrote somthing funny. It said 'I live happily'. It was SO funny. hahaha."
"Today for my first time I got breakfast from the breakfast ladies. I did not pay any mony for it. I am going to have breakfast tomorrow. (Little sneaker...no wonder she said she "wasn't hungry" in the morning! And...her teacher said that Bria's been SO hungry at lunch that she'll eat her home lunch AND have school lunch too...She's been telling me her lunches are too big...now I know why! She's getting too full eating both lunches. Sneaky sneaky girl...I better watch this one!)
"Today I went to the dentist. She was brushing my front tooth and my tooth poped out and did not even hurt. I am going to write the tooth faire a note that saes 'if you give me some pixe dust than I will LOVE you forever. dun dun dun." (This was my favorite!)
And...the sweet side...
"Today I am going to be more nicer to my mom. I love all my 3 broters and my mom and dad. I love them all."
On the 100th day of school, Bria was asked what she would do with $100. Here's what she wrote...
"If I had one hundred dollors I would buy a big red van and give it to Africa people because they do not have any good food or any good drinks or any good clothes. I really really really want that big red van for Africa. I want them to have an unbrella too cuz it is hot at Africa and wish they have a nice house like other people do."
I don't know where she heard about Africa, but how cute that she would spend her $100 on others!!!

11 comments:

Lara Neves said...

The writing journals are my very favorite thing.

She sure has an imagination! I loved the "dun dun dun" part. Hilaarious!

BairFamily said...

I loved reading the journal entries, spelling and all! She is quite the cutie. So maybe she wants to catch an orange fish at legoland with her new sister!

Scott and Stacia said...

Wow, The things you learn at Parent Teacher Conferences :) maybe you should go fishing this summer? and cook what you catch...

Sabine Berlin said...

She has a great imagination!

Unknown said...

I think it might be time to take the girl fishing ;D How about at Lake Powell??? Remember that?

Very Cute, Bria ;D

Jessica Snyder said...

She's such a creative writer- good for her! That is a great personality trait to have- what a fun part of the family she is!

Georges said...

Whoa, she's got quite the imagination!! Maybe she'll be a writer...fiction, I'm sure!!

What's Cookin?? said...

Maybe she switched journals with somebody for a couple days? That is really cute! If only my kids could write like that! Who knows what's going on in their little brains :)!

Maddy said...

Obviously I am her sister.

Georges said...

Dear Bria,

I just bought this big red van for you so you can give it to the people in Africa.

It's a special van cuz it can help people in Africa change the oil in their car!

I know they will love it!!

Click here to see it
http://www.1888lube911.com/admin/editorhtml/resources/1888LUBE911%20RED%20VAN(1).jpg

Georges said...

Dear Bria,

I thought about buying this big red van, but it looked really small.

I think that it would only carry a mouse or two. And that's no good!

Please copy and past the link to see.
You'll have to copy and paste the other link as well.

http://www.express-carpets.com/movano_red_van_s_fc_803.gif