Monday, January 21, 2008

A Day of Service, and A Day From...

Unfortunately, I don't have pictures of the 7 INCHES of snow we woke up to this morning...but... we do have a wonderful neighborhood that I wanted to brag about for a minute!!!
When Damon went to leave for work...we saw ALL the snow! We couldn't believe how much had fallen! Just PURE craziness! Damon has an Audi that's pretty low to the ground, so we had no choice but to shovel the driveway! Since he has such limited time with the kids (because of work), and I needed a workout...I decided to shovel the driveway. Plus, Damon could have time to play with the kids. I was out there for a good 45 minutes and shoveled about 1/2 of our driveway (the part going up to the garage). It was taking FOREVER! So, I went in for a break. When I came out, there were 3 guys in our driveway shoveling snow, and a HUGE tractor (only in Utah) plowing our driveway. You must be thinking..."Do they really need a tractor to plow???" Our driveway is surprisingly large...so YES...We needed that tractor. What would've taken me all day to shovel, was done in 15 minutes because of these wonderful neighbors, who saw me out there shoveling by myself!!! How nice huh??? The neighbor on the tractor allowed Micah and Colton to help him plow, and one of the other guys took Micah on a 4-wheeler ride around the neighborhood.
What really struck me was that they didn't stop with our house. The 3 guys continued on to our neighbor's house, and the "Tractor Man" plowed the entire neighborhood's driveways! He was out there for atleast 3 hours in the freezing cold! What a great man!!! We decided to bring him some hot cocoa to warm his tummy! It was fun seeing someone enjoy something so simple as that!
THEN...I dropped the kids off at Amy N.'s house. She's so great to watch my kids while I go Visiting Teaching! I guess they were OK for her...but as we were leaving, Micah fell "head over feet" down the stairs. Long story short...Bria pushed him, not knowing he'd fall down the stairs! She's been a stinker today, and I'll tell ya...the 3 hours after VTing, were 3 hours from "you know where"! I won't go into it! I'm just glad everyone made it through the day, no one got seriously injured, and I found an ounce of sanity that I thought was gone forever! What's so wonderful...Children that are quick to apologize, and even quicker to forgive! It was the greatest when Bria went in to apologize...Micah threw his arms around her, smiled, and at the top of his voice yelled, "WE LOVE EACHOTHER"!!!

And...totally off the topic...twice this past weekend, Micah and Bria have come down the stairs completely dressed for church! The first time, Bria even wanted me to curl her hair!?! I said, "What are you guys playing?" Bria was embarrassed and said, "Nothing...I just need you to curl my hair." Then, from upstairs you hear Micah yell, "We're just playing Temple!" The second time, I saw Bria holding a little baby doll, and figured they were playing "family"...which they were! Then, this morning, Micah again comes downstairs nicely dressed and says, "Um...mom...I think today, I just want to play church!" So cute...they make me laugh...most days anyways:0)

7 comments:

jess said...

what sweet kids! you must be doing something right!!

Unknown said...

I LOVE that story about the Tractor Man! It restores my faith in the human race ;D Oh, and hey! What's this business you are starting? I know you've always wanted your own business.

J Glazier said...

I can't beleive the snow either and LOVE neighbors like that!! Bria sounds like Brooklyn, she always wants to play church too.

swampbaby said...

I can honestly say none of my kids have ever even thought about playing church or anything related to church. You must be doing something right!

I liked the Tractor Man story. Two of our neighbors shoveled our driveway twice when we were out of town over Christmas. I thought that was awesome.

Maddy said...

Phew -- good thing for neighbors. I would die if we lived somewhere without good neighbors.

Hassingers said...

Yeah for good neighbors. We miss you guys as our neighbors, glad they are taking care of you. Love the temple thing:)

Kathy said...

holly, this is great to see you r a blogger. Cute cute pictures!!! lets get together soon!!!