I know I still need to post about our New Years, but didn't want to forget some funny things that were said tonight...
Well, first of all...Damon and I went out for the night. We went to the Temple, out to dinner at Tepanyakis, to Deseret Book, and out for hot chocolate. We had a great time. We thought the kids would all be asleep by the time we got back, but much to our surprise...Bria and Micah were still awake. We got them in bed. Damon went in to talk to Bria, and I snuggled up to Micah. He was SO funny! Right when I laid down next to him, he looked at me and said, "Mommy, you have pretty hair, and pretty clothes, and pretty eyes, and a pretty mouth." I just started laughing! Maybe he could use that line on the "ladies" down the road a few years:0) That just made me smile!!! Then, we had this conversation...
Micah: Mommy, we don't say 'stupid' cuz it's not nice huh?
Me: Yep, that's right.
Micah: (trying to put up his ring finger) And...this isn't nice either cuz it means bad words.
He was having a hard time putting up his "middle finger", then said, "Um, we can just pretend my finger is up, ok mommy?"
And...he learned that from???
Then, we're talking and he says, "Oops...excuse me." Then he waited for about 2 seconds and said, "Let's go under here and smell!" He threw the covers over his head, and I just started laughing cuz it totally surprised me! He pops his head out, waits for another second, then says, "Let's go under there again." He threw the covers over his head again, then you see his eyes peeking out of his covers when he tells me, "that's stinky, just like eggs." What a little boy!
So, I left Micah's room, and headed over to Bria's. We've been "butting" heads the last couple days, so I wanted to have a little 'heart-to-heart' with her. We're talking and had this conversation...
Me: Bria, how would you like to go out on a "girl's night" with me?
Bria: Yeah, that would be fun.
Me: We could go get our nails painted, go to a movie, or out to dinner....
Bria: Or, we could just have toast and jam...OR MAYBE, we could just get a toaster???
I think that girl LOVES her toast, and our toaster is no longer. I thought that was cute that she is able to appreciate the simple things in life!
It was great to have these silly moments with the kids, especially when no one listens during the day! I love our kids! They really are wonderful and have the greatest things to say! What a funny night!
4 comments:
I love the fun things kids say. They say the darnest things. I wish I was better about writing down what my little ones say.
I love those! I always forget to write them down and then I forget them an hour later!
The toaster comment is the best. How awesome is that?
LOL! I can sooo relate.
Post a Comment