Tuesday, April 1, 2008

2 Birthdays...and...Some Funnies!

We have 2 family birthdays to celebrate!!! My dad's birthday was yesterday, the 31st...and my sister Blythe's birthday is today! Happy Birthday to you BOTH!!!



We would always have a lot of fun with my sister's birthday being on April Fools day! One year I made her a real MUD pie...I don't think she bought it for a second, but we always tried to think of something...my poor sister:)

On a different note...Bria is on a little April Fools rampage today! I didn't tell that girl a thing about this day, and it all happened to start right after getting home from school. She thought a great April Fools joke would be to SQUIRT CHOCOLATE SYRUP all over her brother's beds. I assured her that this is NOT funny and infact makes a lot more work for me...that I really didn't need today! Then, I told her the difference between a "joke" and making a mess. My sister Crystal called me this morning to tell me that she put a piece of cardboard between the meat and lettuce in her hubby's sandwich. That is hilarious! So, what does Bria do? She makes me a "sock sandwich"...then a "stick sandwich". I think she was bored or something.

Well, I had them go to the playroom and Bria comes in my room a couple minutes later asking me if she can go outside and fly her kite. I had NO idea what kite she was talking about because we currently don't have one, but started CRACKING up when she showed me this...

Yeah...that's a trash bag, toilet paper and tape. That just made my day. She did try to fly it, and unfortunately, it didn't work:( Great effort though!

Happy April Fools!!!

8 comments:

Kathy said...

That is a great kite. She should fly it with madisons popsicle stick one she recently made!! Love the tp!!!

Lisa said...

That post was great! I loved the choc. syrup story and the homemade kite. Bria is so creative!

Maddy said...

Niiiiiice Bria. I don't think I would have been able to even explain anything to Ellie because I would be SCREAMING!

Joshey & Krispy said...

Hey Hey! Hope the pergnancy is comming along well! I haven't seen you guys forever! The kiddies are looking good and growing up fast! Cool Kite! I was wondering what the red was!!! and then there was toilet paper hainging from it so.....yeah (c:

Vanessa said...

Nothing wrong with a little creativity!

Dani said...

I love the chocolate syrup bit, but I wont be sharing it with my kids though...I don't need to give them any ideas! Hope you are feeling a bit better!

Evaly said...

You've got a creative little girl!

Matt & Brooke said...

Holly- I love these blogs to check up on old friends!what a cute family you have & congrats on number 4-sorry you're so sick, that can't be easy with 3 other little rugrats! Love the April fools story- that sandwich one is a keeper for next year!