I had surgery yesterday to have my gall bladder taken out. Not the most fun I've ever had! Here's how it went down...
I got to the hospital at 7:45am (thanks Suzette for taking care of the kiddos!), did all the paperwork, and went in to get ready for surgery. Seriously, I was a disaster! I don't know if it was me being scared, the "vain" part of me thinking of the 4 scars I would soon have on my abdomen, or the motherly side of me that was already thinking of the many days that I wouldn't be able to cuddle with my little Josiah, and care for the others! I think it was all of the above!
Luckily, Damon brought Josiah to the hospital so I could hold him and feed him one last time before going in to the OR. I was so scared! All the nurses kept reassuring me that I'd be taken care of...but that fear didn't leave!
The last thing I remember before surgery was one of the nurses wiping away my tears...then...I hear, "Holly we're all done, and everything went really well". HuH? They were done? I would've been home around noon, but the nurses couldn't wake me up! Around 1pm I started waking up, complained about my stomach hurting, got knocked up with some morphine, and slept until 2:30pm. I couldn't get up! At one point the nurse was talking to me and I said, "I'm sorry for being so rude, but I'm gonna fall asleep while you're talking to me." They showed me pictures of my gall bladder, and I had atleast 7 stones! It was a good thing I had it taken out!
Anyways, I got home and slept until dinner. Damon was great to take care of the kids all day. He also took today off so I could relax some more. Hopefully soon I'll be able to care for my kids like I normally do!
18 comments:
Wow, crazy times in your household. Mom just informed me of Cass's condition, that's really too bad. Hope everything goes well considering the situation. Keep us informed on how he's doing. Second, surgery is never fun. No worries about the scar, it will fade in time. I have nice large one all the way across my abdomen from the two c-sections. No one sees it unless you plan on streakin any time soon. Good luck with the new year and hope all starts better than this year has ended. Miss y'all!
Glad it went well. Hope you recover quickly!
I'm sorry! Hope you feel better soon. If there's anything we can do let us know.
I'm always nutty coming out of surgery too. I had laparscopic surgery last April and honestly, I can only see my scars if I look really really close!!! Hope you feel better soon!
I'm glad to hear it is over too, I hope you are able to take care of yourself and get well soon. :)
You poor thing! I hope you feel better soon...sounds like you were a trooper.
And just so you know, I had a laparoscopy several years ago and you can't even see the scars anymore. I literally can't even find them most of the time!
Glad the surgery went well and I hope your recover is quick!
I hope that 2009 brings your family fewer hospital and Doctor visits!
I hope you feel better soon! I am glad that everything went well.
i hope that you are doing okay holly and am glad that everything went well. please let us know if you need anything.
Oh Holly that sounds so miserable. I feel so bad for you, especially right by Christmas and your b-day. I hope you're up and feeling better soon. Here's to a speedy recovery!
i had surgery to get my kidney out when i was 8. i was terrified but at the same time still a little clueless about what was going to happen. i knew they were going to cut me open though! so i kind of know what you're going through, except i didn't have a family to take care of at the same time. thank goodness for drugs! i really really wish i could move in with you for a few days to help you out, i know how hard it is to move around.
I'm glad everything went well and I hope your recovery is as easy as it can be!
Just take it easy and don't try to do too much. That is good advice & it's free :-)
So glad it went well!! I think we would all go though those same crazy emotions. Talk to you soon!!
So glad you are alright!
I'm so glad to hear that it went well. Take it easy and get feeling better!
I'm so glad things went well! At least you got to go home that day! :D
You will be feeling better in no time, I promise. :)
I actually thought some of my stones were pretty...they looked like Turqoise (sp) and were the size of golf balls, kinda gross, but kinda pretty! LOL ;P
Thanka for the kind note about Aubri. Looks like you are having challenges as well. I'm just glad we all know who's really in charge. You family pictures is great. Nice to see a new/old face. :)
Oh man! I got your message yesturday and I keep remembering at the wrong times to call you back (in the car, late at night, yada yada :). That is a mess! I'm so sorry that you ended up having to have surgery!!! What a not so great time for that! But I hope that everyone is letting you sleep and that they gave you some good drugs! Hmmm...doesn't sound too bad to me ;). Seriously, I hope you get feeling better!!!!!
Post a Comment