Monday, December 1, 2008

I Have a WHAT???

There's nothing quite like an ER visit...having an EKG, chest x-rays, blood work, and an ultrasound (of all my internal organs) to determine that I have a GALL STONE!!! What!
So, yeah...There I am...minding my own business...talking to my sister on the phone...when all of the sudden...I couldn't breathe! I felt like my lung collapsed, someone was sitting on my chest, and I was being stabbed in the back! I was literally crawling on the floor in pain and could not figure out what was going on! Scared the crap out of me!!! Luckily Damon was home and we were able to have a neighbor come over to watch the kiddos so we could go to the ER...Thanks Lorrie!!!
So, sometime this week, I will have my gall bladder removed...lucky me!

23 comments:

Richelle said...

Are you kidding me? I feel so bad...what can we do to help? Keep us posted!

On a lighter note-- YES! I stole pictures from your blog, but I figured you wouldn't mind ;-) Feel free to steal some from mine!!

I guess we'll have to back up another game night until you are recovered...call me!

Lara Neves said...

Oh no! That's crazy that you have to have it out after one attack. Must have been awful.

Amelia said...

THat is way more common then you think- especially after a pregnancy! Good Luck- THey hurt bad!

Dani said...

I'm so sorry! I've had kidney stones after having a baby, so I know how you feel! Good luck with your surgery!

lramey said...

dude, what's with you and your love affair with the hospital this year!?? that super sucks!!!!

i'll let you know about soccer- that'd be fun if you could play!

and, the shake game- you just relax the cheeks, and shake as hard as you can back and forth- noises help- and someone takes a picture. it's hilarious- i promise!

Rach said...

Wow, that really stinks. Sorry about having to part ways with your gall bladder. Is it still hurting?

Anonymous said...

What a way to kick off the holidays!
I hope you can recover quickly..
Good luck and you will be in our prayers

LaCee said...

I'm sorry! I've been having issues with mine during this pregnancy. It was SO painful. Hopefully you wont need it taken out.

J Glazier said...

Holy Cow, Scary! Good luck and we'll pray for a speedy recover.

Georges said...

Are you serious? Wow, when it rains, it poors ha?! That is so crazy!! Let us know how everything goes. Hope you get better real soon!!

The Bullocks said...

that is awful. I hope everything goes ok. how scary.
if you get a minute (when your not it pain) will you e-mail me your address. I need it for christmas cards. my e-mail is rkbbullock@hotmail.com thanks. sorry about all your pain.

Megan said...

Yikes! Hopefully you'll have a speedy recovery.

Anonymous said...

My wife is a tough gal! It hurts me to see her go through all this. She gives new meaning to the saying, "tough as nails!" With all this pain, she can bear plenty more children :) Just kidding babe! I love you!

Amy said...

Man, Holly, that seriously stinks! I had to have my gallbladder removed just a few months after we lost Emma. You will feel much better after it comes out! Good Luck with everything!

Maddy said...

Oh yuck! I've heard that it's pretty common -- sorry it happened to you!

Sara said...

Oh geez Holly. I hope you recover quickly.

Kari Cole said...

Haven't checked in for a while...looks like you had a great
Thanksgiving, Josiah is so handsome and I'm sorry about your gal stone...doesn't sound fun!!

swampbaby said...

How scary! I'm glad they know what is going on, but no fun for you. Hope all goes (or went?) well.

Amy said...

No WAY! That is aweful! I hope everything goes well!

brooke said...

Ugh Holly I'm so sorry! I had gallbladder attacks when I was pregnant the first time but luckily I didn't have to have it out. I'm sure it will be my turn one day though...

pc-24 said...

wow- I may have had pain like that but it went away. Sorry to hear that- hope all goes well w/ the removal. You didnt need all that GALL anyway (haha)
ok, take care, love ya!
Cam

crazy4danes said...

I totally feel for you!!! That happened to me my senior year in High School...don't know if you remember that! :)

You will feel so much better after it's out!!! Good luck!

Sabine Berlin said...

No fun at all. I thought I was having a heart attack once, all the classic symptoms, shortness of breath, pain in chest and running down left arm, clamped up jaw. Turned out I had a cracked rib. Much better than you, thogh. Sorry. Sending you healthy wishes!