Friday, December 12, 2008

Hoping the New Year Arrives Sooner than Later...

Sorry for the lack of posts. I know a lot of you are curious about the whole gall bladder thing...so...let me just fill you in on the craziness we've had in the last few months. Maybe then you'll understand why I haven't been posting! While you read, keep in mind that we JUST finished paying ALL of our medical bills in September:o) NEVER a good sign...right???
In September I was on bedrest for the entire month...and on into October.
In October, Micah had multiple visits to Primary Children's Hospital, doctor's visits, etc... which led to him having back surgery.
On the 23rd of October, I had Josiah.
Flu shots and sick kids for 2 weeks in November.
Thanksgiving in Utah with 21 people staying at our house for a week...SO fun!
December 1st I had my "attack" and ended up in the ER.

December 2nd, at my dentist appointment, found out that I have 6 cavities! 6! AND, that the tooth that was supposed to be treated for a root canal...actually has "absorbtion" and needs to be extracted...ChaChing! I blame this on being pregnant:o)
December 3rd, I met with a surgeon about my gall bladder.
December 4th found out about Damon's dad's health. In the last year he's had significant brain shrinkage, is at the beginning stages of Parkinsons, has a little dementia, and has holes in his brain. He's also no longer allowed to drive because his perception is so far off. Emotionally straining on the entire family!
December 5th was our neighborhood Christmas party...more on that later!
December 10th I had my 6 week post partum check...fun, fun! Damon's dad came to stay with us while his mom went to California for medical reasons.
December 11th I had 3 of my 6 fillings done, went Christmas shopping, and did my Visiting Teaching for the month with 3 of my kids (nightmarish...and NOT recommended).
Tonight...more Christmas shopping! The Beehives in our ward are watching all the kids in the ward so the parents can shop childless!!! 3 whole hours!!! WOO HOO! Damon's dad is leaving this evening and is going to be cared for by Damon's auntie and uncle so I can prepare myself for surgery on Monday.
Tomorrow...we have the ward Christmas party, where our family is going to be part of the nativity (Mary, Joseph, baby Jesus, the angel and 2 sheperds). And right after that, Bria has a dance recital.
December 15th I have my gall bladder out...7:45am...
December 22nd I have the other 3 fillings done, and Damon is taking me away for my birthday.
Christmas comes...
December 26th my sister Blythe comes with her hubby and 4 kids.
December 29th Micah and I share our birthdays:o)
December 30th Josiah's 8 week well check appointment.
AND THEN...we pray...that with the New Year...we'll be free from medical and emotional worries...and maybe we'll be able to breathe a little:o) Cross your fingers!

9 comments:

brooke said...

Holly you really amaze me. I don't think I even left the HOUSE for six weeks after Zach was born. Reading that list made ME tired! I hope the new year is a little more relaxing for you!

brookelovesjay said...

ok i am really embarrassed that i STILL haven't called you to say thank you for offering to watch chase! can i just tell you how sweet that offer was, especially with all that you are going through?! thank you so much for being so thoughtful, and thank you for even calling me when i am so bad at calling back (and please don't be offended, i really don't call anyone back...my sister has been calling me the past 2 months and i still have yet to return her call. it's not because i don't want to. it's because chase throws a fit everytime i'm on the phone because he wants to play with it.then i get really stressed out. so i've given up on phone calls for now).

anyway, please let me know if there's anything i can do for you! it's too bad we don't live closer...i feel so far away from everyone since we moved.

Maddy said...

Well that's not a list I would wish on myself -- ha ha. Dustin's dad has Parkinson's so if you guys have any questions feel free to ask. It's a hard hard diagnosis. I am so sorry.

Hope your night away is fun and good luck with your surgery!!!

Tricia said...

Wow. Let me know if you need us to let Blythe and fam stay at our house when they come visit and of the days. We would be happy to do that.

Lara Neves said...

Oh my goodness, Holly! You have a full plate. I hope that all goes well and that the next few weeks aren't too horrible.

Jeni and Dave said...

When it rains in pours! I am so sorry. Your blog has been like following a soap opera. I wish you a HAPPY New year. Good luck with surgery and everything else.

ang said...

sheesh.

The Toronto Family said...

Hey- an upside to all this (well may be not all of it but...) an extraction is way less then a root cannel, I have had two they run about $1000 plus the crown another $500 but to get it pulled is only 200-300 hundred! See there is always a bright side to everything!!!! HA HA HA!!!! Take care and good Luck to a better year!

J Glazier said...

You are amazing! You've really had a lot on your plate lately. Pace yourself and hang in there. Goodluck with your Gallbladder, surgery scares me.