Let me first start by saying that Micah's surgery on Monday (for his infection), went REALLY well! The doctors and nurses at Primary's were wonderful! The laughing gas they gave him this time around, didn't have nearly the effect that the meds had last week...thank GOODNESS! Micah had to get stitches in his back and is now on pain meds, but is such a trooper!!! We'll be keeping a close eye on his back for the next few days, and he'll have a follow-up visit in 3 weeks...
-------
Prego Update: On Sunday, I was having contractions every 3-4 minutes for a good hour and a half. So, I decided I'd go upstairs, take a shower, get my bag, and get to the hospital. After coming downstairs (all ready to go to the hospital)...I looked at Damon and asked him what the plan was. He said, "I think you need to go to bed." WHAT? Go to bed? I'm contracting every 3-4 minutes, and you want me in bed??? I have to admit...I was TICKED! How could he expect me to sleep with all these contractions? I just went upstairs, ticked beyond anything, and slept in my clothes cuz I KNEW I'd be up soon enough to go to the hospital. I was DETERMINED to prove him wrong! Truth is...I slept like a baby! This was definitely a blessing in disguise for us, because Damon was able to take Micah up to the hospital the following morning for his surgery.
Now for the "Flat.Out.Lame" part of my post...
So, I had another appointment yesterday and was at 5cm and 80%. My doctor called to talk to me for a bit, and in the middle of the conversation says, "I have something to tell you"...Immediately I told her that she better NOT be going out-of-town, and she said she's "leaving on Tuesday morning and won't be back until Friday." You've GOT to be kidding me! My parents leave on Friday!!! Talk about some Serious pressure to have a baby on Monday night or Tuesday morning!!! Long story short, I was out on Bria's scooter yesterday, taking long walks, running around the house while having contractions...you know...and ended up going into the hospital around 12:30 this morning.
Right away I was hooked up to monitors and checked...Yep, 5 and 80%. The nurse said that if I could get to a 6 that Kathryn (my dr) would come "break my water". So, I got up and started skipping down the hallways, racing my mom, and walking. After 15 minutes the nurse checked me again and said that I was at a 5+ and about 90%. Talk about quick progress! So, for the next 45 minutes, I was up walking, running...whatever...and was in SO much pain that I went back to get checked again. The nurse came in and said, "Ummmm, I think I was stretching you last time. You're really still at a 5. Let me call Kathryn to see what she wants to do." What? You were "stretching me??? Way to tick someone off!!! Then, maybe 10 seconds later, she came in the room and said, "I actually have your discharge papers ready, so let me get those for you to sign...and you can go home." Then she added, "Sorry, I feel like I have failed you."
YOU THINK???
So, after a long 3 hours at the hospital...here I am...at home...extremely uncomfortable and exhausted! My doctor is gone until Friday, and my parents leave the same day! I'm going to think...from NOW on...that this baby is NOT coming anytime soon. That way, I won't be frustrated the next time I "think" I'm in labor. Now I KNOW I still have 3 weeks...I know that! But seriously...aren't people NORMALLY in labor at a 5 and 90%???
21 comments:
Holly--if it makes you feel any better, I am probably dialated to a 5 right now....no baby coming though, but I do hope a hysterectomy is coming soon. :)
This little one seems just too comfortable in there....at your expense, I'm afraid.
I will be watching and waiting....
Ugh--I'm so sorry for all of your woes! I hope this baby will come in a timely fashion!
How frustrating! I hope this little one comes soon!
I've never been progressed that far without being in the hospital in labor... I am so sorry! I hope this is over for you soon!
I was getting totally frustrated for you just reading this. The worst part is not having your doctor there...it was always my worst fear that I would have to be delivered by a doctor I didn't know.
At your point, I'd have ANYONE deliver that baby. I'd throw all allegiances out the window. Good luck...
Hang in there! I am so sorry that you haven't had the baby yet, but just that much longer that you are the mother of three fabulous kiddos!
I got to the hospital at a 6 and 90% (not in labor AT ALL) and basically nothing happened until they broke my water. Then I had the baby in 3 hours. So, see if they'll break it for you!
I'm sorry, that's miserable. Just keep reminding yourself...THERE IS A REASON your little one is not coming. The hard part is not knowing the reason and understanding your timing is not the Lord's timing. Remind me of this the next time I'm 5cm and 90% effaced. :)
I was just laughing trying to picture you skipping down the hospital hallway!
Did you not read my post last time. I was a 5 and 1oo% dilated for TWO WEEKS! Sadie came a day over due. BIG FAT BOOGER!
Luckily I was cool enough not to go to the hospital ;p Just kidding! I am so sorry. I hope you have that baby soon.
She'll probably come now that your Doctor's out of town, ha ha!
Ugh Soo Sorry! Hope this sweet baby is here soon!
This is the worst part of pregnancy for me that last few weeks and days feel like years slowing passing. Here is the trick that works for me every time, get a yoga ball and sit on it to watch tv, read a book, whatever. Lightly bounce on it this will drop the baby and help you progress. As long as you light bounce it’s perfectly safe for you and baby. I got this trick from the Scripps Encinitas when I was in labor with Madison. Let me know if you need anything I live so close and I would love to help you.
Holly I am so sorry Hang in there until your Doctor gets back
Oh Holly! Good luck. I can't believe you haven't had that little baby yet. I hope she/he comes soon!
Wow. Look at it this way - by the time he/she actually decides to come, you will be in labor like 30 minutes because you will have already done all the prep work!He'll slide right out.
I bet this is even harder for you since you usually have had your babies by now. Is this the longest you've ever been pregnant? I'm so sorry. (I'm the kind of person that goes from a 1-10 in less than 3 hours, seriously, I am at a 0 until the day I have my babies) so I can't imagine hanging around bein at a 5. Aren't you worried the baby might fall out? ;) Good luck.
Hey! I am so sorr that things are not going as you hoped they would. You are in our prayers! We love you and hope all goes well with your delivery!
oh Holly, I so feel for you. that sounds so much like how I was my last pregnancy. I was so early with my other ones so I thought for sure I'd be really early. when I was only 3 weeks early I felt over due. Good luck with everything. hopefully your next post will be of a sweet baby. on the plus side I'm getting closer to being the winner in your give a way.
I was.... well at 39 weeks, I was... at my last apt I was a 2 and 80% two days latter I went into labor, when I got to the hospital I was at a 5 and 90% 1 hour later I was at a 10, and 100% - yes I have really fast and very painful labors, so yes to answer your question, but I'm sure that does not make you feel better, ha ha ha..
I know you are miserable!!! It seems like only yesterday I was that pregnant - but really Ryan is almost 7 month, but man I hate being pregnant, it haunts me!!!
HANG it there you!!!! it will be over soon!
YAY! Congratulations- I just saw your pictures on Jess' website (yes, I blog stalk her!) Now I want to know what the name is :) By the way, you guys look great and the pictures are stunning!
Post a Comment