Thursday, December 13, 2007

Am I the ONLY one???

So, I have been in 3 accidents...the 3rd one happened today. The silly thing is that all 3 accidents have been with Garage Doors! Am I the only one that this has happened to???
The first accident was when I was 5 years old. I jumped in my parent's HUGE van, pulled the gear into Neutral, and rolled all the way down the driveway hill...right into the garage!
The second accident happened about 3 years ago. The garage door was all the way open. As I was backing out, the "manual" lever in the garage, hooked onto our car's luggage rack. So, as you can imagine, I backed out AS the door literally fell! I seriously had NO idea what happened until a neighbor came to help! The garage door was busted and our car needed some serious work!
The third accident happened today. I was in a huge hurry to get Bria to the bus stop. I pressed the button for the garage door to open, turned the car on...and...apperently had no time to wait for the garage door to completely open! DUH! I would've cleared the door if I had waited another second. Other than a minor scratch on the car, a little chipped paint, and a very minor garage door "boo boo", everyone made it out ok!

6 comments:

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

I knocked my side door mirror off of my last car, backing out of our garage about 2 years ago. It still hung on with all the wires. Nothing that a little duct tape couldn't fix ;)

I feel your pain.

Vanessa said...

I have run or "rolled" into a garage door, my cousins actually. I was pregnant with Kayden (I went brain dead for a second), put the e-brake up but forgot to put the car in park or at least neutral. Of course I fixed or our insurance did but it started A LOT of family drama unfortunately.

Lara Neves said...

Oh man! That stinks...glad this one was fairly minor.

When Bria was a baby we lived on 9th East in Provo, and it had just snowed. I was really distracted because she was screaming and I couldn't really tell where the driveway ended and the lawn started. I totally hit a tree and gave the car a nice dent.

Then, a few weeks ago, I was totally in a hurry (probably to get B to school) and I backed the van right into the garage, forgetting that Joel's car is usually in the driveway. The van was fine, but Joel's car got a lovely dent. :)

ang said...

Oops!! One time Paul forgot his bike was on top of the car and pulled right into the garage...well sort of...

Georges said...

oh, that sucks!! I can't say that I've had run-ins with garage doors, but I did put a major dent in my mom & dad's van as I was turning into the parking lot to my dentist. It was a narrow driveway off a busy street in LA and there was a bright yellow concrete pole on either side of the entrance. I turned too sharp and clipped the back end of the passenger side as I pulled in the driveway.
I guess it was a good thing that I was leaving shortly thereafter for my mission!!

Anonymous said...

I was pulling up the slope of my future-in-laws driveway and the ice ended and I continued through their closed garage door. Justin told his parents it was him. The things we do when we are in love
:-)