Saturday, December 15, 2007

Bria's Dance Recital...

Have you ever seen anything so cute as this??? Bria had her dance recital this afternoon and did a wonderful job!!! Her dance class danced to "Feliz Navidad" and it was the cutest thing I have ever seen! Of course I say that with every performance, but look at her...SO CUTE! This is right before going out on the stage!

Bria is the one in the middle, and here she is with her award. She was so excited to get another, to add to her trophy collection. Bria did such a wonderful job and is so fun to watch! Great job Bria!!!
And...yes..."Santa" was there. Bria didn't want to sit on his lap because he wasn't the "Real" Santa. She did though...for the candy!

Now...I'm sure you're wondering about the shorts and game??? Well, last night we had a neighborhood Christmas Party, and these were our "White Elephant" gifts we gave. When the gift exchange began, we noticed that everyone was being extremely cautious about opening the gifts. Come to find out...Last year at the party, someone brought a REAL CHICKEN as their white elephant gift! A REAL CHICKEN! This year...a neighbor picked up a gift to open, and everyone was saying, "watch out...you never know what could be in there!" The guy took the smaller of the two gifts, shook it super hard, then barely opened up the box...and the TAIL of a MOUSE came out of the box! It was a REAL MOUSE! AHHHH! We had NO idea what we were in for! Some of the other gifts include a flask, alcoholic egg nog, candies, books, a HUGE bra...the list could go on forever!
Favorite things said at the party...
"Janna, that bra is so big...you could go on a hike and use it for a backpack". (Weston)
"We finally found a gift for your mom." (Jason referring to the huge bra)
"Mice are NOT allowed in my home. Get it OUT!" (Melissa screaming from on top of her counter...sooo funny!)
"Sorry little mouse, you now have an eye on the side of your head". (Jason after unknowingly shaking the mouse)
What a great time! We seriously have an amazing ward with so many fun people!!!

Are you curious what we ended up with? A cigar and a lighter (no joke), and 2 great books. Damon got a call shortly after getting home, from a neighbor who wanted to do a "trade". So...

Damon traded his books for this...

Great huh? We actually ended up "re-gifting" it for Damon's work party tonight. Such a great coffee table addition!

After the party for Damon's work, we went to see "I Am Legend" with some friends. Has anyone seen it? Freaked the crap out of me! I will most definitely have nightmares tonight!

10 comments:

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

A Real Mouse?? A Real Chicken?? That sounds like one crazy fun party.

Bria looks darling, I love "Feliz Navidad, so cute. :)

Lara Neves said...

Bria is adorable!

Joel's family does a crazy white elephant party every Christmas Eve. CRAZY. We've never had live mice or chickens before, but everyone is always trying to outdo each other, and the best gifts keep getting given for years. I once made a bra that had three cups (and was also huge) and am proud to say it's been in the running for five years now. Hee hee.

Shauna said...

WOW! I can't believe someone would box up a real mouse. I would have died! :) Sounds like a crazy fun party! CRAZY! WILD Fun party.

Love Pictures of Bria's Dance recital. Too cute!

Amy said...

OH MY WORD! I would be slightly worried!!!
Love the dance recital pictures...

Maddy said...

Your neighborhood sounds like so much fun! I love the live mouse.

And Bria looks gorgeous!

kingwritergirl said...

AAAHH! Holly when did you kids get so big? That sounds like such a fun party!

Heather said...

Bria is so cute with her little flower. That is so funny that someone had a mouse

Georges said...

Bria is such a babe! Watch out...the boys will come a knockin' soon! We'll see you guys in 3 days!!! Soooo excited!!!

Unknown said...

We are really into wild and wacky gift exchanges too. One year some gave Twister(the game) and baby oil. Another year someone brought a little treasure they found at Goodwill. It was called Chilly Burr. It was a brass monkey and when he got cold(like 45 degrees or colder) his monkey private parts fell off. A little crass I know.

Christine said...

Any friend of the gustaveson's are friends of mine! good to meet you, and I'm going to start my own personal blog with deal info on it. keep checking back for the link!

Christine