Wednesday, December 5, 2007

Early Birthday Celebration!

What a fun afternoon! The Young Women leaders from church came and picked me up for lunch, to celebrate my birthday before all the craziness of Christmas! What a great group of women!!! Here's a picture of Diana, Renae, Summer, Monica, Linda, Lorrie, Me and Karen at Cafe Rio.

So, when Karen came to get me, there was this HUGE sombrero on her front seat with some velvet sunglasses. Karen, Monica and Diana were trying to convince me that it was a tradition to wear it during lunch. And...that they would bring in "shakers", say "Eye Yei Yei" super loud, and sing to me. You know...be all loud and crazy. I completely bought it until they got out of the car without their "shakers". I was ready to totally humiliate myself and at what cost????? I did have them take a picture of me with the sombrero and velvet sunglasses for a good laugh! Monica kept telling me to "make a funny face". Don't cha think I look funny enough?!? That thing was Enormous!

Highlights:

*Almost being tricked into wearing the sombrero! ALMOST! You crazy girls!

*Finding out that I unknowingly od on medicine for my cold sores.

*The guy sitting across from us, who apparently had an imaginary friend. He was first staring, then fell asleep for a bit. Then, he was talking and laughing...to NO ONE! Then, a long stretch and a roll of his head, and he was off! So funny!

*Seeing Renae's X, and remembering some of Monica's stories.

*Summer and her 8 tortillas!

*Karen's driving!!!!!

*Laughing for 2 hours straight!!!

Thank you Thank you Thank you!!! I had so much fun! Kirsten...we missed you! Monica, thanks for the key lime pie, and Lorrie, thanks for lunch! You guys are so much fun and I'm so glad I get to work with all of you!!! You're the greatest!

7 comments:

Maddy said...

Oh how I love Cafe Rio! I eat there way too often.

Cute hat pictures. I'll save the Birthday greetings for your REAL birthday since I'm in blogger-land.

Scott and Stacia said...

Okay that Sombrero is out of control!! I cant believe you almost wore it in public! I love the funny faces...you are a nut!

Jess said...

Holly you make me laugh. Love to see your blog. Hey I finally have some time to do my family blog you'll have to check it http://www.gregnjess.blogspot.com/

J

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Happy Early Birthday To You!

I love the Sombrero and glasses combo, "your bringin sexy back!"

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Hey Holly, could you email me, I have a question.

My email is on my blog.

J Glazier said...

You're a party animal, Happy Birthday!

Shauna said...

Happy happy birthday to you. :) Love looking at your cute blog. Tagged you. Check out my blog for details.:)