Saturday, December 29, 2007

Guess Who Turned 4???

YEP...IT'S MICAH!!!


I personally don't like my birthday being between Christmas and New Years, because growing up...either "everyone forgot" my birthday, or all my friends were on vacation. So, we tried for a January baby! Micah's due date was January 29th...and he arrived almost 5 weeks early, ON my birthday!!! What are the odds??? When he was born, Micah was having a hard time breathing. He was actually grunting, so the doctors took him away from me. Watching a video about a year later (that Damon filmed), I saw the doctors saying, "come on BREATHE!" and were pumping oxygen into his blue face. Had I heard or seen that in the delivery room, I think I may have LOST it!
Micah was taken in the middle of the night to UVRMC in Provo, and was admitted to the NICU. He stayed there for about a week and a half, and came home on heart/apnea monitors and oxygen. He was taken off all monitors and oxygen about a month after coming home...and is now such a healthy boy!!! Micah is such a fun boy and we are sooooo glad he's in our family!!!

We had a really fun time celebrating our birthdays! For dinner we went with some of the family up to Olive Garden. Here's Jon, Tanya and cute little Noah.

Here's our family.

Here are...Papa Cass, Grandma Carmen, Grandma Jenny and Uncle Jon.

Micah was so happy to get out of the house after a week of having croup!

Me and Colton. I love his "smile"...and his Mohawk!!!

There were other pictures I could've put on here with the cakes, but...I love Micah's expression in this one!!! So excited!

The birthday Prince and his birthday Mommy:0)

When we returned home, I remembered a gift I hadn't yet given to Micah. He was so excited for the mini drum set!


Micah and Bria made sure the drum made the loudest noises. Imagine that...no fighting???


THANK YOU TO EVERYONE WHO CAME TO CELEBRATE...OR CALLED TO WISH US A HAPPY BIRTHDAY!!! WE APPRECIATE IT!!!
Micah's party with his friends will be in January, so look for that post. As for my party...

Damon took me up to the Daniels Summit Lodge on Thursday night. Thank you Mom & Dad C. for watching the kids!!!
We had a very entertaining dinner at "Snake Creek Grill" in Heber. Long story short...We went to this restaurant one month ago for Diane's birthday. I ordered the "Roasted Lemon Rosemary Chicken"...and I was in heaven!!! It was so good! So, I ordered the same thing this time. Only, it looked like battered and fried KFC on my plate. No rosemary, no lemon flavor. It made for a very funny night. I felt bad because the chef came out to apologize...and I said something like, "why did you change it? It was SO good before". Which, now looking back, maybe wasn't the nicest (or smartest) thing to say. Well, we found out that 2 weeks ago, that chef bought the restaurant from the previous owners, and changed that item on the menu to make it "his own signature dish". OOPS! Great laughs all night though...and...free dessert, compliments of the chef:0)

The next morning, Damon went snowmobiling with a NINJA! Seriously...it was FREEZING!!! 4 BELOW ZERO to be exact!!! We were the only 2 people CRAZY enough to hit the trails at 8:30am! We didn't see anyone else out there for atleast 2 hours! Even though I was completely covered, I was still unable to feel my fingers, toes, or anything inbetween!!! I seriously thought my eyeballs were going to freeze, so I could only look in one direction:0) Damon felt the same way! We went out for a good 4 hours, and didn't get stuck ONCE! Last year, Damon told me that I should get insurance on the snowmobile...and who got stuck TWICE??? Hmmmmmm...could it have been DAMON???
We had a great time!
Unfortunately...this is the only picture we were able to take...because OUR CAMERA FROZE! Really it did...it was that cold!!!
After getting back, we had lunch at the cafe, and I started to feel really sick. No...I'm not pregnant, but I did come down with a 24 hour bug, which luckily went away over night, so I could enjoy my day of celebrating with Micah...and the rest of the family!!! What a great time!
Thanks everyone for a great day!!!

15 comments:

Shauna said...

What a fun post. Happy Birthday to you and Micah. Looks like fun times all around. :)

Lara Neves said...

Happy Birthday to you both! Looks like you had a blast!

Sophia was due on my birthday and I thought it would be so fun if she was actually born that day, but she came 3 weeks early (not that I minded that too much either). You must have a blast sharing your birthday with Micah! :)

jess said...

happy birthday holly!! and to your little micah too!

J Glazier said...

Looks like a blast minus the freezing. I LOVE Snowmobiling especially when you get to cozy up in a nice big lodge at Daniels Summitt! Happy Birthday

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

Happy Happy Birthdays at your house! Those pics of Micah remind me of when Avery was in the hospital. Things turned out great for both of them! We are so blessed! Glad you guys had a fun week!

swampbaby said...

Happy birthday to you both!

Amy said...

So much fun! I am so happy you weren't sick for too long...Happy Birthday again and hope you had a Happy New Year!

Amy said...

So much fun! I am so happy you weren't sick for too long...Happy Birthday again and hope you had a Happy New Year!

kingwritergirl said...

Happy Birthday! It sounds like you had so much fun. I can't believe Michah is so old. i remember when he was born. It's crazy!

Anonymous said...

I love the Snake creek grill. I didn't know it changed. Was the rest of your food any good?? Glad you got to get away for your B-day!!

Holly said...

Laurie...The cauliflower soup was sooooooo good! Damon got the rib eye with some kind of creamy rum or sherry (?) sauce...That was really good too! The chef got us the banana cream pie...I'm not big on pie, but that was awesome! The mashed potatoes seemed different...I didn't like them as much as before, and don't get the rosemary lemon chicken! You may as well save money and go to KFC!

Hassingers said...

Happy Birthday you two!! You gotta love those December birthday's. Jed can empathize with you on the no friend birthdays growing up. Looks like you guys partied it up.

Maddy said...

Happy Birthday to BOTH of you!

Joshey & Krispy said...

Happy Birthday! Sorry we couldn't make it! Jon and I stayed at snow basin longer than matt. My birthday wasnt so exciting. i coulndt really celebreate anything on a sunday and so close to new eyars! Christmas eve was a blast!! Thanks for giving up your home to stinky crab and sugar-high kids!

Unknown said...

Birthdays are so fun! You guys get double the fun. Happy Birthday!