Wednesday, May 7, 2008

An Incredible Young Woman...

We had an emotional weekend. Damon's brother, Matt flew in from Hawaii with his family (wife Janille and baby Malia), and all of us Casabars went to celebrate the amazing life of a beautiful 14 year old girl...Janille's niece JOLYN!

Jolyn was a young girl who loved to plan. She designed her prom dress, planned out her wedding for various seasons, had a notebook of requirements she needed to be a dental hygenist and cosmotologist, was extremely boy crazy, and loved to make people laugh. Her faith is something I was truly amazed by!!!
Jolyn's funeral was beautiful! The music was incredible...you could really feel the spirit! One of the sweetest moments for me was when Jolyn's cousin, AJ...who couldn't have been more than 8, got up there to sing "I'll Follow Him in Faith". About halfway through, he looked into the congregation, saw all the tears, then started crying himself. You could feel the love he had for his cousin! Such a little sweetheart!
At Jolyn's viewing, her mother pointed out that her grandma had the prom dress (which Jolyn designed), specially made for her in white. That's what she wore. It was beautiful!
Jolyn's family is truly one of the most incredible, loving and sincere families I have ever met in my life! They have a clear view of the Plan of Salvation, and Jolyn is enjoying the eternal peace that comes with that! She is now able to run, breathe, and see her little sister again! What an incredible young woman!

If you want to read more about her...here's a link to her obituary.

7 comments:

Georges said...

What a wonderful tribute to Jolyn! She's an amazing young woman! I wish I was there to share in the spirit.

Anonymous said...

Holly- I saw this in the newspaper and was so touched..I thought about her throughout my day. She must have been amazing to inspire strangers :-)

Dani said...

She seems like she was such an inspiration who definitely left her mark on the world. What a beauty too!

Evaly said...

What a touching memoir. It sounds like she will be greatly missed. I'm sorry for your loss and I admire your attitude. You have a great family!

Jo-Anne said...

I am so sorry for your loss. What an amazing young woman and an equally amazing tribute to her. This was a very touching post. May your family be comforted in this time of loss.

Amy said...

I got the chills reading her obituary. Sending prayers to her family.

swampbaby said...

I'm sorry for your loss. She is beautiful in every way.