Thursday, July 24, 2008

Happy Pioneer Day!!!

For some reason, Pioneer day in Utah is as big as the 4th of July! Damon's parents made it back from their 6 week trip just in time for the festivities. We started the night off with some fireworks in our front yard. Damon had a little help from Micah in the pyro department;o)

As we were "smoking out" the neighborhood with all our firecrackers, our cute neighbor Ali came over to say hi. She's due a month before me...and seriously...we're practically the same size!
When 10pm rolled around...we headed to our backyard with some friends to watch a great firework show from a neighborhood that's about a 1/2 mile from us. We had the best view!!!

Here's a video of the finale. It was incredible! If anyone wants to come over next year, we'd love to have you!!!
Happy Pioneer Day to you!

13 comments:

Georges said...

Gosh, the kids are growing up so fast!! Looks like you guys had fun!! Wish we were there!!

Unknown said...

I remember how HUGE Pioneer Day was. I was always a little baffled, but I enjoyed getting an extra day off of work. You look too cute pregnant! Hope it's going well :D

Vanessa said...

that was a great finale! I love fireworks.

BairFamily said...

You finally look pregnant and what fun you had!

crazy4danes said...

How fun! You and your neighbor are both just the cutest pregnant people EVER!!!! :D

Thanks for the invite and you just might see us next year!

Sara said...

I miss Pioneer Day. Do you think you could bring the finale to Indiana next year?

Melanie said...

Wowser! That's incredible. What fun fireworks. Are those the P.G. ones? Or did your neighborhood do those? I think I will join you next year. As for hair school I didn't start last fall but I'm signed up for this fall. So watch out hair here I come!

Lisa said...

Those fireworks were pretty awesome! I was loving the free show! That picture of you and Aly is super cute.

Joshey & Krispy said...

Talk about grand finale! that went on forever! cool! Glad to see you guys had fun! we will defnateley have to plan a huge 4th next year with all the family!

Dani said...

That's amazing for a neighborhood fireworks show! How fun! You are adorable pregnant too.

CJF said...

Because it's such a huge celebration it's my birthday! Everyone in Utah celebrates it for me. ;)

oh and like Lani said...you finally look prego. love the updates and pictures!

Maddy said...

You throw the best parties! And you still look teeny tiny!!

We didn't do a darn thing for Pioneer Day down here. Well, singing time was pioneer themed and that was it. Kind of a bummer :(

kingwritergirl said...

You are so tiny! I don't think you even know what it means to get big when your pregnant! Looks like you guys had a fun 24th! We totally need to get together. I'll call you sometime... I promise, (actully I do have you number on my cell, I just need to push the call button!) And I will too!!