Monday, July 21, 2008

We're BAAAACK...from Camp that is...

I had SOOOOO much fun at girl's camp last week!!! This is an amazing group, and we had a blast!!! Just so you're not bored of looking at pictures of girls you don't know, I'll spare you the slide show and just tell you the greatest things about our time away...
I loved getting to know the girls even more than I already did!
Late nights with the other leaders was so hilarious! We have enough insiders to last a lifetime! Aren't we cute???
Candy Cane Court was super funny! We sentenced each girl...anyways...it was great, and the girls really got into it!

Meeting and listening to "Sage" speak about her struggles in life, being burned over her entire body at the age of 5. (she's in the front in the green dress)

All the great devotionals.
Skit night. The girls did a great job!

Not cooking or cleaning up after kids for a few days...magic!
Come to think of it...not putting 3 kids to bed at night.

Being secluded in the mountains.
Seeing deer in our campsite.
Having my own personal hair dresser:)

Watching the girls canoe...

swim in the lake, go on the zip-line, the rope swing, and the rope bridge. Not having one big argument the entire time!!! The girls are angels I tell ya!

Our ward devotional...speaking about the sacrifice of our Savior.
Bonfires at night...
I could seriously go on forever with highlights from the week!!!
Everyone was so great at camp. They made sure I sat as much as possible and that I always had someone walking with me...regardless of where I was going:)
I LOVE this group of girls and leaders!!! They are amazing examples to me of friendship and I wouldn't have changed this week for anything!
We had such a great time, and I truly appreciate everyone who helped to make girl's camp successful! Can't wait for next year!!!

*A little side note...Did you notice that I'm not in this picture??? I, unfortunetly had to come home a day early from camp. Within an hour on Thursday, I went from...sitting by the lake talking with other leaders and laughing, to...not being able to walk or even stand up, due to a super sharp, never ending pain in my "pregnancy" bones. It was scary to me the pains I was feeling, and I couldn't ignore the events that happened. For instance...RIGHT when I said I needed a blessing, our Stake Pres, his Secretary, and our Bishop all showed up in our campsite. A couple of them weren't supposed to be there for another 3 hours! Then, the Davis family came up to bring their daughter a cake for her birthday. They were supposed to come up the night before, and were ready to leave right when I needed to go home. I hated the fact that I missed the last night...with testimony meeting and another girl's night, but am glad that I did...for my sake and for the baby's! My exit was dramatically embarrassing!!! I had 6 people carrying me out to the car while I'm laying on my cot! I seriously couldn't get up! When I got home, I had to have Damon and Ron carry me inside. Luckily, I'm feeling better, and am able to walk now. The greatest part about coming home was that it was Colton's birthday! Cute Damon had a gift wrapped up for him, and some cupcakes with candles...isn't he thoughtful!?!?! And...I was able to get to the doctor the following morning. The doctor assured me that I'd be ok (as said in my blessing). I am so lucky to have such a wonderful husband!!! He took such great care of the kids while I was gone, and even took an extra day off to take care of me!

14 comments:

Amelia said...

I wondered if you were going to make it up there. I am the girls camp leader too. I am glad all is well with you and the baby. Love ya-

Amy said...

Girls camp was my favorite part about the summers! I was blessed enough to be the camp counselor the next summer after I graduated high school and loved it. It's my dream calling!
I am glad you are okay...good thing for blessings!

Maddy said...

Oh my gosh -- that is scary! I'm glad everything is ok!!! And I'm glad camp went off without a hitch. BEST CAMP DIReCTOR EVER! I am sure!

Jess said...

I wish I could have gone and happy to know you doing good too.

Vanessa said...

I always loved girls camp! Sounds like the fun continues no matter where you are. Glad to hear that you and the lil' babe are alright--keep him/her cooking as long as possible!

crazy4danes said...

Sounds like you had a great time! And I'm sorry you had to leave early, but I'm glad you're OK!!! :)

Georges said...

Glad to hear all is better with you. By the way, you look like Carol Brady as a blonde!! Looks like sooo much fun!!

Richelle said...

I love the blond wig! Sounds like you had a great time...despite the pregnancy pains! Hope you're feeling better :-)

lramey said...

oh i'm so sorry that you're having such pregnancy issues! That stinks. You did make me extremely sad that this year, as opposed to the last 2, I'm not going to camp, and I'm so sad.

We'll miss you on the girls trip- next one- you betta come!

Your hubby was the only bachelor at the pool- but Yeah Him! Way to be a good dad!!!!!

your kids are DARLING too- it was nice to see them in real life!!

Richelle said...

Something funny...I noticed on your blogging friends "Sean & Laura Lee". I went to High School in Canada with Laura Lee! It's a small world, isn't it??

Lisa said...

Girls camp sounded so fun! I am sorry you had to leave early... but very happy to hear that you are feeling much better! :)

Lisa said...

Girls camp sounded so fun! I am sorry you had to leave early... but very happy to hear that you are feeling much better! :)

Scott and Stacia said...

Sounds like camp was fun! I am sorry you had to go home early! That stinks! Glad you and baby are doing well! Love ya!

Sara said...

Phew. I'm glad you are okay Holly. I can't believe you lasted as long as you did in your pregnant state. You are a tough girl!