Monday, August 4, 2008

What Have We Been Up To You Ask?

I bet you're all wondering what we've been up to the last few days...so...I'm gonna fill you in.
Thursday, we decided to take the "plunge" with Colton. He starts preschool in 2 weeks and has to be potty trained! He's only had 2 accidents, stays dry all night and refuses to wear pull-ups...so, I think we're on the right path!

Then...within 15 seconds on Thursday, Colton did this...

Yeah...that's permanent marker. Any ideas on how to get this out???

Later that day, I made some yummy strawberry and strawberry/blueberry freezer jam. They are super delicioso!

Friday we went out with Diane and her family to Macaroni Grill. Diane was due on Sunday, so that was probably the last time we'll hang out with them before their baby comes. The kids were surprisingly great during dinner. There was only one incident...Damon came back from taking Colton to the bathroom. I asked Colton if he went potty, and he said, "Yeah mom. My whole bum went in the water." I looked at Damon and he looked completely disgusted! He confirmed that Colton slipped off the seat and fell right into the yummy toilet water! I just started laughing cuz that type of thing Never happens to Damon:o)


After dinner we just walked around the shops then came home. We love Diane and her family and are so excited to see their new little girl!!!
Saturday afternoon, I decided to take Damon out for his birthday. We went car shopping (I think we've narrowed down our choices to 2 cars), and headed out to the mall to get Damon some new Church shoes. It was so funny cuz on Sunday he got out his new shoes and somehow...we ended up buying 2 shoes for the same foot!!! Anyways, after shoe shopping I surprised Damon with an outing to this place, then went to Outback to have dinner with Damon's parents.
It was nice to just relax and spend time with them. After dinner we came back to our place for cake and ice cream. Yum!


Sunday I started having the "pain in my pregnancy bones" like I had at Girl's Camp. I couldn't walk at church, and it actually brought me to tears. It's SO frustrating. So, I pretty much layed down all day, and Damon took care of the kids. The kids also got into a lot of trouble. Do you remember this post? Well, this time around...Micah decided to do it to himself, but with scissors.
He was SO mad that he had to get his hair cut, that he cried for a straight hour!
He ended up liking the new do this morning, but my goodness...stop it with the scissors already!
So, what do you think...Did we have a crazy weekend?

16 comments:

crazy4danes said...

You had a totally crazy weekend!!! Sounds like it was great for the most part! I don't even know where to start with the marker on the suede (at least it looks like suede) good luck with that! I'm glad you got to have fun with friends and celebrate your hubby's B-Day! :D

Jenny said...

Hi Cassabar's. Life is crazy with kids, isn't it?! We still really want to get together. I was at girl's camp when you called about the 24th. We would have loved that. Let's get together soon!

Dani said...

I don't know how you ever discipline those beautiful brown eyes! As for the marker, you could try magic eraser (it's worked for us before), but if that doesn't work, I would check online to see if there are any leather cleaners that claim to be able to remove it. We found one once that took out ink. I just don't remember the name of it! Good luck!

Amelia said...

Good for you- Potty training rules your life for at least a week! Oh and Happy Birthday Damon!

Vanessa said...

Wow, great weekend. Good luck with the permanent marker..I have no suggestions. I know that I would have had heart failure if that happened to me or in your situation, went into labor! Happy Birthday Damon!

J Glazier said...

Ya for Colton! I can't wait to make jam with the kids this week and sory about your pregnacy pains, no fun!

JRC said...

I was totally laughing out loud when I read that Colton fell in the toilet...because the same goes for Josh....NOTHING like that would EVER happen when Josh was watching the kids. Too funny but poor little Colton.

Georges said...

Good Job Colton! What's this about car shopping...didn't you just get the Escalade? That is too funny about Micah!

Georges said...

There is only one thing to do about the cushion, turn it over. I can't believe no one has though of that yet.

But of course that is a band aid until the Tupperware gang comes over and starts inspecting the premises.

Or you can go to the Queen of Clean website. There's no stain on fabric or in life that she can't get out. Just ask her ex husband.
http://www.queenofclean.com/

Jongeorge

Anonymous said...

Happy birthday!

Holly- I am going private (not for any scary reasons) and I need your email! can you send it to me?
laurielovesrunning at yahoo.com

Maddy said...

Oh my gosh -- the no-hairs are killing me! You still look cute!

Dahle Family said...

wd40 gets everything out. I am not kidding, it got permanent marker out of my carpet so when you are desperate and have nothing else to try, why not. Let me know.

Dahle Family said...

wd40 gets everything out. I am not kidding, it got permanent marker out of my carpet so when you are desperate and have nothing else to try, why not. Let me know.

Kaylene Jackson said...

Hey Holly I know how to get permanent marker out of stuff, give me a call I'll fill you in.

ang said...

At least he has a good shaped head like my man!!

kingwritergirl said...

You are so busy girl! We're you dying over the sofa. You hardly look pregnant, I have to squint to see the bump. So not fair!