Thursday, September 4, 2008

Finally...Some Cali Pics!!!

Very last minute, Damon and I decided that we needed a vacation before the kids started school. So, after my doctor gave me the OK to go...we were off. We drove all the way to my parent's house in California (in one shot), and surprisingly...we survived:) I can't find one of my discs, so I'll have to post more pictures later...
While we were in the big ENC...we had a BLAST!!! One day 3 of my sisters, and my parents were able to meet us at the beach.
We had a lot of fun! The best was that the kids were completely entertained for HOURS digging holes, so we were able to relax:)
Bria and Hannah also had a lot of fun finding sand crabs. My sister Crystal took the biggest one and put it in my bathing suit top...freaked the crap out of me!
The other great thing was all the "people watching" we did. We really wanted a picture of this guy...and Damon volunteered to take it. We thought he'd get just a little closer and take the picture, but what did he do instead? He walked right up to this guy (he was doing his tai-chi at the time) and asked if he could take his picture. The guy said, "NO"...then you just see Damon pointing to all of us girls. We were laughing SO hard! We ended up sneeking a picture anyways:) And...yes...he needs to pull up his super tight speedo!
This just made us laugh:) Who does this anymore???
I love this picture of Damon with Colton, and here's one of me and my sister Crystal...

We had soooo much fun with the family!!! Thanks guys for coming to the beach...even though it was a little chilly:) We had a blast!!!
The next day we went with my little brother and parents to Hard Rock Cafe in La Jolla.
Then went down to La Jolla Shores to find some shells. If you haven't ever been to this beach...you NEED to go! It is a little piece of heaven!!!
When the kids were done, we headed out to Crystal's house. The kids swam, made smores and played. It was fun. On the way out there we had front row seats to a High Speed Chase!!! Craziness I tell you! About 15 coppers and a helicopter!
Would you believe that we went to the beach 5 out of the 7 days of our vacation?!?! Here's me with the kids the following afternoon...

And Damon with the kids...

I think Bria and I had the most fun finding shells on this day! Look at our treasures...
I asked the kids while we were there, "would you rather play with your cousins or play with Spike?" Micah then asked, "Well, isn't Spike our cousin?" They LOVED playing with Chuck's dog!!!

And with Uncle Chuck...

This is one reason why I like to visit my parents...this is the view from their street...of the beach...

Sadly, the ocean was staying, and we had to head back to Utah...but...not before spending time with my sisters Darcy and Blythe (and their hubbies) at dinner.
We hung out all night and even had a slumber party with these guys...

What a fun time! We're so glad we went on this trip and look forward to seeing most of you in November for Thanksgiving and a baby blessing:) Love you!!!

10 comments:

Lara Neves said...

That looks like so much fun!

My mom is from La Jolla, and it used to be that she was the only one that didn't live there anymore so we were always visiting. Now I just have one uncle left there since my grandparents died. I absolutely love it there!

lramey said...

oh how jealous! the beach? Oh how fun!!!!!! I'm peeing my pants at that man in his speedo--that's hilarious!!!!!!

ummmm- you ever going to look pregnant? You can't even tell in these pictures!!!!

CJF said...

So that guy using the detector thing...my dad wants to do that! what a crazy funny man.

Amelia said...

So jealous...I need some beach time major!

kingwritergirl said...

Looks like a lot of fun, you are the cutest pregnant woman, even in a abthing suit! NOT FAIR!

Amy said...

I love that you take a ton of pictures! I am so happy you got some fun in the sun!

Kari Clark said...

Looks like you had so much fun - I love San diego. Its fun to see pics of your growing family!Kari

Georges said...

Okay, the speedo is HOT, but what's even better is that Damon actually had the guts to walk right up to him and ask to take his picture... Hee, hee!! Looks like a blast. Gosh you went to the beach more times than we went in Hawaii and we were there for almost 3 weeks...jealous!!

Tricia said...

Holly- I really need to watch your blog more often; I hardly recognize you anymore. Maybe after all these years of living within 10 miles of each other we could get together! All I want to know is what's with the cell phones in the picture with you and your sisters?

Melanie said...

O.k. I love the beach pictures! I think San Diego area is one of my most favorite places. That poor man needed the fashion police before he left his house though. Yuck!