On Thursday, I had a rough pregnancy day. I was walking around Costco and got SO crampy that I had to stop in the middle of the isle to rest. I was talking to my sister, Blythe...and telling her that I could TOTALLY feel my body changing. Kind of the feeling I get when I'm in labor.
Anyways, I had my normal check-up on Friday. Just me telling my doctor that I felt "wierd"... like my body was changing...was enough to have her check me. I am almost at 2 cm. and am 70% effaced! So scary because when I was 4 cm and 70% with Micah...I was in labor! Anyways, my doctor put me on "strict bedrest", so I could only get up to pee. It's so hard cuz I feel SO helpless! I look around and see SO many things that need to get done, but aren't...because I'm down and Damon's occupied with the kids!
Well, this morning I was having contractions every 6-7 minutes for 3 hours, and decided I better go in and figure out what's goin on! My wonderful friend Suzette came over to drive me to the hospital, so Damon could take the kids to their soccer games. She stayed with me the entire time! What a sweetheart! Thanks Suzette!!!
I was monitored at the hospital for about 4 hours...and would you believe I hardly contracted!?!? Why does that ALWAYS happen? Anyways, I got my second dose of steroids for the baby's lung development and an injection to relax my uterus and help stop my contractions. Apparently I have an infection, am a little dehydrated, and haven't been eating enough...so...all those things could have caused my contractions.
I'm hoping to go in on Monday to have an ultrasound and a "fetal-fiber-nectin" test done. Sounds like a drink huh! It's amazing because it can predict with 98% accuracy whether your baby is coming in the next 2 weeks...and...I'd kind of like to know the results of that! They would've done that test at the hospital, but I can't take the test within 24 hours of getting "checked". So, Monday it will be:) Any ideas on how to make my kids happy and content with one another? I am at my whit's end... and I've only been on bedrest for a day!
7 comments:
Holly - I totally sympathize with you! Bedrest is harder than labor or anything else in pregnancy I think. Reading your post was like reliving my last pregnancy. Good luck - it's so hard but totally worth it to keep that baby in there as long as possible.
Oh man, I wish I could help! I can't even keep MY kids happy together and I'm NOT on bed rest. Don't you wish they would just leave each other alone! Hang in there :)
You'd better start eating and drinking more! EAT EAT!!!!!
Wish I were there. You know I'd be there to take the kids all day and make you food. Not that you would eat it if I made it ;D
Gosh, Holly what are you doing to the baby that he wants to get out so bad?! Oh I know, he must want to rough house with his big brothers...just what you need, right?
Wish I was there to help out! Noah could use some wrestling buddies right now. :)
Crazy. What hospital do you go to? My neighbor is on labor and delivery at Timpanogas.
So, do we just keep posting comments if we want to talk to each other? Do you have a facebook account. There you can talk to each other so much easier than this.
I do have a blog, but I never do anything with it. In fact, it's just chance that I happened to check it tonight and see your comment! But I'm glad to hear from you.
Hang in there! Sorry I haven't been in touch, we've been super busy since we got here. Hope all goes well, we're thinking about you!
hang in there!!!! it will be great! it will be worth it!!!
Post a Comment