Wednesday, November 19, 2008

Any Ideas???

As some of you know, we will be having 43 people over for Thanksgiving! 43! About 27 will be staying at our place (starting on Saturday) and the rest will stay at my brother's house. While everyone is here...we need things to do!!! We will have kids ranging in age from 3 to 17 years old that will need activities. Plus, we'd like to have a "couple's night", a "Guy's Night" and a "Girl's night". ANY IDEAS are GREATLY appreciated and welcome!!!

So far on the agenda, we have...

Ice blocking...CAN'T WAIT!!!
Hitting up Temple Square
"Body World Exhibit"
Guys "shooting" night
Temple trip
Walking around Gardner's Village

I know there's a lot more...so help me out...What am I missing???

13 comments:

Tennille said...

I don't have any ideas, but I wanted to say that I think you're a SAINT to host that many people at your house. I get stressed out when my parents stay for more than one night. I suck at being a hostess. You're awesome!

Lara Neves said...

Holy cow!

I say just stay at home one night for games, you can have the kids watch a movie in a different room with popcorn.

Blythe said...

One of my favorite things is Gorgoza Park in Park City! It's that tubing park where they pull you up the mountain on your tube and then you get to slide down. So fun!

Tricia said...

I sent Blythe a bunch of websites of stuff to do. Discovery Gateway Museum, Living Planet Aquarium, Farm Country at Thanksgiving Point, and check out Utah Valley Convention and Visitors Bureau for tons of other ideas.

Lindsay Ercanbrack said...

What an extreme hostess! I hope all goes well! I've heard the Children's Discovery Museum at Gateway is super cool but never been. I would try it though!

J Glazier said...

Not only are you a saint but you are CRAZY!!! :) Sounds like fun family times.

Tricia said...

liberty land in lehi
kangaroo zoo in PG
harley factory for the guys

boondock's would be fun, too, in place of liberty land.

Tricia said...

oh, and the nickelcade in orem, trafalga is another option, laser tag somewhere (I think it's open now at liberty land), and of course, there's cabela's

Tricia said...

I haven't actually done all of these things myself, only dreamed of them...

Evaly said...

Wow- that's a lot of people for a mom with a new baby! Good luck! We're coming to Utah next week, so maybe this post will help us plan our trip too :) One of our must-do things in Utah is bowling at BYU followed by some Ernestly Chocolate shakes from the Creamery!

Maddy said...

Girl' Spa day? Shopping trip to Taipan and Rodworks??

I cannot believe that many people are sleeping in your house. You are such a gracious hostess!

Sabine Berlin said...

You are Crazy! 27 house guests and a new baby? Wow. The dinosaur Museum might be fun for the kids. Have a blast.

Matt & Brooke said...

Wow, you're brave.