The first thing Damon said when he came home from church today was, "We had a funny day at church. I'll have to tell you about it!" Here's what happened from Damon's perspective...
"In Sacrament meeting, Micah excitedly ran to the other side of the bench to grab the bread tray from this woman sitting next to us. He gets the tray, turns back to bring the bread to us, and smacks right into the hymn book holder. Yes, you guessed it, the bread goes flying everywhere and scatters all over the floor. I didn't know if I wanted to laugh or get ticked off, so I started grabbing the pieces of bread while telling Micah it was alright. I didn't want to draw too much attention, but everyone around was holding their laughs in and so was I. Funny thing is, I thought for a split second, when Micah ran to get the bread, that he was going to trip. Sure enough, it happened! Poor guy, he's tall and athletic looking, and clumsy at the same time. Luckily, we were the last row to get the bread, so no one had to partake of the dirty bread:o) I hope that didn't take away from the spirit of sacrament. Micah was very quick to pick it up and not sit there like he usually does when he makes a mess. I think he realized that the bread is in remembrance of Jesus' body so he immediately cleaned it up with a smile.
Another highlight, Colton!!! After seeing multiple children bear their testimonies, he asked to go up and bear his testimony. I was so excited because we have always encouraged our kids but they're always so shy to go up. This was a moment I couldn't pass up so I brought him up shortly thereafter and he shared a short, sweet testimony where he said he loves Jesus and his brothers, sister and mommy. I thought he'd say more, but immediately thereafter he was saying Amen! Oh well! I'm just really happy he had the courage to go up and be a good example for his older siblings. He also was a good example for his Dad, because I haven't shared my testimony for a while. Kids have a way about them that motivates and pushes us adults to action! I'm glad Colton paved the way for me to share what's really important to him and myself. So that was my eventful day at church!
Ok...so now it's Holly. I was SO sad that I missed Colton's first testimony...and the humor that is Micah! When Damon came home from church today with the kids I was getting extreeeeemly frustrated at the noise. It was so quiet! So peaceful! Then, they come home...and instantly...there's fighting and hungry little ones. So, dinner comes around and I'm thinking 'why not play a game?' So I started teaching the kids the "Question Game"...have you played before? It was SO funny! We didn't think the kids would catch on...but much to our surprise...Micah was REALLY GOOD! Here are some of our favorite questions he asked...even though they're not 100% appropriate for dinner time...(the ones in pink he asked me, and the ones in blue he asked Damon)
Why do you have pretty rice with sparkles on it?
Why do you like a big fat guy?
Why do you like to brush your bum?
Why do you like teeth poo?
Why do you like teapots?
Why are your ears so flat?
Why do you like pink hairclips in your hair?
Why do you like pink cups?
Why do you like "King Ding-a-Ling"? (HUH?)
Why do you have a bum right here (pointing to his nose)?
(In Extreme thought) Why don't you have your mouth on your forehead, your nose on your ears, your teeth on your eyes, and your eyes on your chin?
Why don't you poop in the shower?
And...my absolute favorite...
Why do you like to pick your boogers and make it into a quesadilla?
Micah DEFINITELY won the question game...and we're looking forward to playing this at Thanksgiving to see if he can take on all his cousins:o)
10 comments:
I love how detailed all of your blogs are...you are so good! Sounds like things are going well in your household, so let's get together if you're up to it!
OH man, sounds like a fun Sunday! I totally love those 3 hours of alone time every Sunday when you have a baby :D Nate always tries to touch every piece of bread if he gets near the tray. EW!
I love that game. He had some great questions. I think we should play it on Thanksgiving too, who knows what the kids will think of.
Micah is hilarious, isn't he? The Sacrament incident reminds me of Sophie who takes the biggest handful of bread she can, so we have to make sure that we get her one piece and the tray never gets close enough to her!
What is the question game? Sounds fun!
holly, your boys are so handsome. Congrats on your new baby. You are my hero. You are a wonderful mom. love darla
Poor Micah. That's too funny!
we missed you at the jazz game...
did you get my email with a pic of damon??
:)
Colton's testimony was so cute! He did a really good job... especially for being so much younger than all the other kids that get up!
That is funny about the bread... luckily it wasn't the water!
Hilarious!
Oh my gosh, I'm dying!!! I'm glad my kids aren't the only ones obsessed with bums and poop!
Post a Comment