We're still here...getting used to the fact that we now have 4 small children:o) Yowsers! Josiah has been a really great sleeper, but the last couple nights he's wanted to eat very frequently. PLUS...Colton has been sick, and up coughing for a good part of the night. Fun, Fun! I've seriously been exhausted!!! Damon took Colton to the doctor yesterday, and he has some form of Chicken Pox!!! Lovely!
So, let me fill you in on a couple things...
On Wednesday, we woke up to this...
I can't believe the snow is here! The kids had a great time in the playing outside! Micah even built his very own snowman ALL by himself. It was really cute!
He's gained an ounce and is 1 1/2 inches longer than when he was born:o) What a good little eater:o) AND...Can you believe that today was my actual due date?
This morning, I was feeling ambitious, and needed to cook something. I got this recipe for "Pumpkin Pancakes" from a local morning show here, and decided to try them out. Damon says they taste like pumpkin pie. I don't like pumpkin pie...but I LOVED these pancakes:o)


Pumpkin Pancakes
2 cups flour
2 Tablespoons sugar
4 teaspoons baking powder
1 teaspoon salt
1 teaspoon cinnamon
4 eggs
2 cups milk
1 cup canned pumpkin
4 Tablespoons oil
In a bag, mix together the first 5 ingredients and set aside.
Separate the eggs, and whip the whites to soft peaks.
In a bowl, mix together the milk, pumpkin and oil.
Add the yolks and mix well.
Add the dry ingredients and mix well.
Fold in the egg whites and cook.
Apple Cider Syrup
1 1/2 cups apple cider OR apple juice
1 cup brown sugar
1 cup corn syrup
4 Tablespoons butter
1 teaspoon lemon juice
1/4 teaspoon cinnamon
1/4 teaspoon nutmeg
Boil all ingredients in a pot until desired consistency.
All I have to say is YUMMERS!!!
And...FOR YOUR VIEWING PLEASURE...here's our little angel once again...
Have a wonderful week!!!



9 comments:
Have to try that recipe. Looks good...but not better than that last photo! Hope things ease up.
(By the way, I don't know where I found your blog...I've been racking my brain but it must have been a link on someone else's???)
(And I understand completely about the posterior thing...all five of mine :(...so not fun!)
I'm so glad it's snowing! Keilana is extremley excited to fly out to Utah and says almost every day she wants to go to Grandma and Grandpa Quan's house to play in the snow! We'll be about for 2 weeks so there better be some good snow storms before we come and while we are there! Cute Josiah, they grow too fast. Sorry about the sickness, it's totally that time of year. We're still trying to get passed a cough we got from colds 3 weeks ago! Ack!
OH man, those pumpkin pancakes look divine! I'm a sucker for anything pumpkin.
Josiah is just adorable.
Ooh, those pancakes look heavenly!! Maybe we can make them after Thanksgiving :) Poor Colton...are those chicken pox contagious?? If so, it's a good thing he got them now I guess, before everyone is at your house. Josiah is such a little angel. I miss Noah being a baby and being so still. Now he is everywhere...mostly where he shouldn't be!!
I can't believe you got up and make pancakes with a newborn. You're amazing!
I love baby pictures!!! And thanks for sharing the recipe for the pancakes! They look super YUM!!!! I love anything pumpkin!
I hope you're little one is feeling better! How weird to have a bad cough and find out it's some sort of Chicken Pox! You must be exhausted!!!
I hope you have a great week! :)
Are you kidding me Holly!? I have ONE kid and couldn't manage to wake up to make anything but cereal. You are super mom for sure!
CHICKEN POX? ACK! And snow? I was just telling Dustin that we might need to turn our heat on soon. But then again, it's suppose to get back into the 8o's this week. COME VISIT!
Those pancakes sound yummy! I am going to have to try them sometime. I LOVE how precious that last picture is.
Post a Comment