Saturday, November 1, 2008
The HUMANITY!!!
So, today I went to Walmart...you know...to hit the AWESOME "after Halloween sales". I got lots of fun stuff at Walmart! Dress-ups for the kids Christmas presents, fun pumpkin decor for Thanksgiving (we're hosting again this year), ...such great deals! I get to the checkout and the checker looks at me and asks, "Are you pregnant?" Seriously??? I answered, "Not anymore. I have a one week old baby boy at home." Then she says, "Oh, you don't look bad. You look like you're maybe 5 or 6 months pregnant...that's all!" How was I supposed to react to that one? Ummm Thanks? I couldn't help but laugh to myself! Just cuz we live in Utah, the tiniest belly = pregnant? Maybe I need to cut back on the candy...darn Glinda:o)
Subscribe to:
Post Comments (Atom)
14 comments:
Are you kidding me??? You are like the tiniest pregnant (and non-pregnant)lady ever. And the fact that you are at Walmart shopping after-Halloween sales a week after you had a baby makes me think you are either Wonder Woman or completely insane. Seriously! I'm going to stop reading your blog because I am starting to feel like the biggest LOSER!!!!
Okay, so was that lady insane?!! I can not believe the nerve of some people, but then again, I guess you do live in Utah (those crazy mormons!) Jon said when he gets up there, he'll throw a "Mr. T" on that lady if you point her out to him :)
serves you right for being so amazing and running errands after having a baby one week ago... wanna run some of mine? i still don't dare leave the house... ;)
I am completely offended in your behalf. Don't worry though, someone asked me last week if I was pregnant and I have no excuse!
I can't beleive someone would say that, you barely had a belly! THE NERVE!! I'm glad you laughed because I probably would have cried.
You are so cute Your baby is darling how fun enjoy they grow up way to fast. We miss ya we need to hang out.
You are so lucky! I wish I was up doing things like that after giving birth. c-sections are quick but the recovery is horrible. It took me about a month to fully recover, and it drove me crazy not being able to do much.
I knew you were Glinda! After she said you looked 5 or 6 months pregnant, you could have just looked at her and said, "huh? I don't get it? What do you mean?" It would have made her really uncomfortable.
I would have SMACKED her. You're the tiniest person I know, so I doubt you look like you even had a baby. PLus HELLO! It's like 3 days after #4.
PS Like Lara, I spent the entire month of September dispelling rumors that I was pregnant.
You should have said "No, I am not pregnant... why?" And make her feel dumb!
I was so disappointed in Halloween this year... I was totally looking forward to letting Scotty pass out candy. I was super prepared this year and now I have a whole bowl of candy left to tempt me. After awhile I started just giving out handfuls. I really like the idea of the ward trunk-or-treat but it really would have been better on the night before or something!
Ummmm...so, I am amazed at your self control, Holly. If someone had said something like that to me, and I wasn't pregnant, they probably would have had a plethora of profanities issued at them. Seriously - how rude!!
Ok you must be superwoman. How are you doing all of these things a week after having a baby!? It has to be in the genes, right? I don't even think I could WALK a week after having a baby. And please, I would have decked the wal mart lady!
Oh i totally hit those walamart sales! and i got a ton of stuff for our new apartment! there was a little orange baby onsie with a jack-o-lantern face on the belly for 75 cents!! i had to get it...for our future kids! (c:
Post a Comment