Thursday, March 19, 2009

Did He Visit YOU???

Bria came home the other day from school with a "wish list" for the leprechaun. Why do teachers do this to us??? She could have 3 wishes...
1. That she and her friend Maren would always go to the same school...
2. That our family could get a teeny tiny fluffy white puppy...
3. That she could have some of the Leprechaun's gold cuz she "wants to be rich".
The Leprechaun didn't get this wish list until SUPER late in the game, and ended up leaving a gift by our front door with a note. It said...
"Bria, Micah, Colton and Josiah...
I wanted to leave you a few things for St. Patrick's Day. It's a special day for everyone, especially people who are Irish, just like YOU! I brought you some pins you can wear to school (if you want), some garland to put in Bria's hair, some of my favorite candy, and the exact candy that is found at the end of the rainbow; Pot of GOLD! Hope you have a fun day finding green things I have left behind! Have a fun day and don't forget to wear green!"
The PS was my favorite...
"Bria, I know you had a few wishes. I will do my best to make sure that you and Maren are always at the same school. The gold...You actually have to catch me, or find the end of my rainbow to get some! And the puppy...I couldn't find a little white fluffy dog ANYWHERE! Everything here is green and rainbow colored! Where do you find a white dog? I will keep looking. Hope you like your gifts!"
Right after Bria read that, she snapped her fingers and said, "Man, I KNEW I should've asked for a green dog!"
The Leprechaun was really fun...We had green milk, green eggs, green toilet water, green rolls for dinner...so fun!
Then, the kids decided to make a Leprechaun trap. I guess Colton really wants to catch him. Yesterday I asked him to clean his room and he refused because, "The Leprechaun made the mess, not me!" Darn that Leprechaun!

5 comments:

Anonymous said...

aww, how fun! I remember getting green bagels and green cream cheese from Western Bagel when I was little.

Georges said...

That's too funny!! Watch out for next year...the Leprechaun just may have to bring the kids a green puppy :). Now that would be funny!!

Vanessa said...

Good times. I've never heard of doing fun stuff like that for St. Patricks Day. Great idea and i'll have to incorporate that into our festivities for next year.

A friend of mine told me a story about her little boy and their leprachaun. He fell off the bed one night, came up the hallway screaming and crying saying, "the leprachaun pushed me off my bed!" Kids are so funny with their imaginations!

crazy4danes said...

That is so cute! Sounds like you guys had a great St. Patty's Day! :D

Ryan said...

You are the best mom Holly! And so creative!