I had to post a couple things the kids said tonight. I had a really rough day today with the car battery dying (again) and the kids going a little out of control...among many other "things" (I won't bore you the details), but they did manage to brighten my day very easily with these comments...
Micah and I were supposed to clean the mud room in our home today. That kid loves to clean and be my big helper! So, I'm sitting next to him in his bed tonight. He's telling me about all of his "ideas"...all of which somehow include "chocolate cookies". Anyways, I said, "Micah, we forgot to clean the mud room!" With super big eyes he said, "Mom, you've got to be KIDDING me!" If you know me well enough, you know that he definitely got that from me! It was so funny hearing him say something that I say WAY too often!
Most nights we'll have music time right before bed. Tonight, while singing "I am a Child of God", Colton (my 2 year old) starts belting out all the words to the song! I've heard him sing parts of the song, but not the whole thing...and...not that Loud! My favorite was..."wif pawents kin an DEAW." I've got to get that on video!
Also before bed, we'll have story-time. Bria chose a Hawaiian book to read, which has a lot of references to Hawaiian words. We were talking about turtles. I asked, "So, Bria...how do you say 'turtle' in Hawaiian?" She shrugged her shoulders and said, "I don't know...ookin?" I just thought it was funny that she was trying to make up a Hawaiian word! So cute!
By the way, our family photoshoot on Tuesday went for about a half hour (record time)...and the pictures that I've seen are wonderful! The kids were happy and just love the camera, so it worked well for everyone. We were glad it ended quickly because it was super cold! I'll post some pictures when I receive them from the photographer!
2 comments:
I can totally hear you saying the kidding thing. How cute that your kids do it too!
Maddy-
You're not the only one turning your kids into yourself...I guess I'm doing that too!
Post a Comment