Friday, June 13, 2008

Frustrating Day and Funny Things...

Basically today was beyond frustrating! The kids wouldn't listen to a darn thing I said, rules were broken a million times over, the fighting between the kids was never-ending, "disrespect" took on a whole new meaning when they started calling me "stupid" and "ugly"...I basically had HAD it!
When Damon got home from work, I was on my way to pick up a perscription at the pharmacy...so he came with us. We ended up at Hollywood Video to get a movie and didn't want to take all the kids inside, so I stayed out with them while Damon ran in for a quick minute. The fighting between the kids continued! I tried EVERYTHING... and then remembered how quick they are to notice when I was beyond ticked off! So, I played it up a little. I looked at them and said something like, "I am about this close to losing it, so please start acting like the wonderful kids I know you are." Then, I put my head down (this may sound pathetic) and pretended to "cry". I didn't make any noises, or have any tears...I just KNEW they'd recognize my frustration. Micah (who is such a sweet boy) looked at me and said, "Don't cry mom. You're the best woman... You have such good ideas..." I just kept my head down cuz I didn't want him to see me laughing at the fact that he said I was the "best woman"! Totally caught me off guard! Then, about 3 minutes later he added, "I like you mom. You're beautiful. You're so sweet and you're such a good mom." Ahhhhh...that's all I needed:)

5 comments:

Vanessa said...

You never see the hard days in a photo album, but those are the ones that get you from one happy snap shot to the next. --Mr. Leezak on Just Married.

I completely love that quote, it's so true. You're story sort of reminded me of it from the movie. Hope today is better!

Vanessa said...

And by the way, our blog changed forever and a day ago to http://quanclan.blogspot.com =)

Georges said...

Oh my goodness, that boy NEEDS to get into acting or something. He is too good!! I know that I can count on a good laugh when it comes to reading about blogs with Micah in them. What comic relief...Lucky You!!

Maddy said...

So good to know I'm not the only mom who totally blows it out of proportion to get my desired results.

Boys are the best to their mommies!

crazy4danes said...

Oh man those are the worst days! But you did it! :D Awesome...this post made me feel bad for you and laugh all at the same time!