Wednesday, June 11, 2008

Ultrasound...

I had my "20 week" appointment today...and also had an ultrasound! It was great to see the baby and make everything feel more "real":) We all went as a family to see the baby, and the kids were extremely excited!!! We again, did NOT find out the gender of our baby, even though I was tempted on more than one occasion to ask:) I found out that my due date has been moved back to November 7th, so I'm actually 18 weeks and 5 days...not 20 weeks...but that's ok. The baby was Super active, and the kids had a lot of fun making out certain parts...like the leg, arm, head...you know. Anyways, during my appointment, my doctor told me that the tech found a cyst of fluid in the brain. I went to the lab and had a blood test done to determine if the baby could possibly have down syndrome. My doctor said that normally the fluid from the cyst will absorb into the baby, and not to worry...everything should be fine, but I will find out the results by Tuesday and will let ya know. Other than that, the baby looks healthy and is extremely active:) Here are some pictures for your viewing pleasure...
This is my favorite. It's a front view of the baby's face. To me...the baby looks like Bria...slanted eyes and all! I love that the baby decided to pose for us and put a fist on the chin. So cute!
Here's the profile...
And here is one MUSCULAR leg! Look all ya want...you won't find anything:)

18 comments:

ang said...

Exciting day! I always think the little profile pictures are the cutest! I look forward to hearing more updates on the baby.

How's everyone feeling??

Rach said...

I love ultrasound pictures!!! I'll check back on Tuesday for updates, sorry they pushed your due date back.

kami @ nobiggie.net said...

She is a girl! I just know it! How fun for your family.

LaCee said...

I bet it's a girl too! I can't wait to get my ultrasound. I don't know how you hold out. I already want to know what I'm having!

Sara said...

Hooray! What fun. I love to think of you all squished into the little ultrasound room looking at the screen. I bet your kids loved it.

I hope everyone is feeling better. Especially you. Are you done with the pregnancy sickness?

Holly said...

Sara...Yes, I am done with the sickness part of the pregnancy. I still get nauseous from time to time though. And...the ultrasound room is HUGE at my doctor's office. They even have a big screen TV that we all watched the ultrasound on. It was so fun!!!

Evaly said...

Those are really clear ultrasound pics- so cute! Can't wait to know what you are having, I don't know how you stand the wait.

Anita said...

You're one of those crazy people who doesn't find out hey?! I could NEVER last--especially if I COULD know...ahhh! Tyson had a cyst on his brain at my ultrasound too, and the doctor didn't even send me for tests or anything. He said it is almost always nothing. Just thought I'd mention it, since I know how crazy worried I get when I am pregnant. Congrats again!

Jo-Anne said...

Gosh, those are great ultrasound pictures!
I can't wait to find out what you are having. I will be waiting patiently for the updates!

Lara Neves said...

She is so cute already! I know it's a girl because I don't think boys pose like that. ;)

Sophie had the cyst thing and all they did was schedule me for a follow up Ultrasound at like 32 weeks or something, and by then it was gone. If it had still been there I would have had to do a bunch of tests. I still worried the whole time between the ultrasounds even though my doctor said it's usually no problem.

Georges said...

Wow! She is so cute!! It's good to finally see her...YES, I too think SHE is a GIRL!! Can't wait till she comes to join the family.

Dani said...

I can't believe you wait to find out! You must be so patient! I could never do it, but I think it's fun that you do. I think it's a girl too, by the way. Great pics!

kingwritergirl said...

I'm so impressed you didn't find out the gender. i have never been that disciplined~

Shauna said...

Happy Day! Girls are so fun! Your Ultra sound pics turned out great! What a fun family outing.

Maddy said...

Glad everything turned out to be OK. And I still can't believe you haven't found out for FOUR kids now. It drove me crazy with Bria and I'm just as crazy now. I NEED to know!!!!!

So excited to see you guys so soon. We're counting down the days!

crazy4danes said...

I love ultrasound pics!!! Thanks for sharing! What an exciting experience for the whole family! :)

Hassingers said...

Yeah for you all!! Those are some great pictures. Sorry your kids have been sick. Not fun. :(

Amy said...

You are so strong to not find out! I can't believe how far along you already are...and I am so glad you are feeling better! The baby is adorable already!