Wednesday, June 4, 2008

Getting Ready...

We've always been surprised with the gender of our babies...and have decided to do it again. The hard part about that is...not knowing what clothes to get out and wash. Heaven knows I don't want to wash what I don't have to!!! Since it's raining today, I had the kiddos help me sort all the baby clothes we had in the house, and they LOVED helping!!! It was fun remembering the kids wearing their little outfits, and telling them stories about when they were babies!
There's still a couple boxes in the garage, but I thought I'd get a little head-start on being "organized" before the baby comes...the little ones always seem to make their grand entrance earlier than expected! It was funny because Micah noticed how many more girl clothes we have, and he was getting a little upset. I kept telling him that there are more boxes of boy clothes in the garage...and that smoothed it over! Maybe I did go a little overboard buying clothes for Bria, but how can you resist? Girl clothes are SO much cuter!!!

***Edit***

Done for now:)

11 comments:

ang said...

Ha ha that's a LOT of clothes! I wouldn't want to wash them all either!

Shauna said...

Nothing like the rain to help you get prepared! :) Girl clothes are way cuter. I think I bought more for Jacq than all the boys put together.

Georges said...

I can't believe you held on to that many clothes for so long! Yes, girls clothes are cuter, but I guess that's probably why I'm partial to boys because they're cheaper!

Jo-Anne said...

Wow...way to be organized!
I think there are just so many more cute girl clothes available than boy clothes....it's not fair. :(
I can't wait to see what you get...blue, or pink!

Amy said...

You could totally open your own consignment store!!! That is so awesome you are getting a head start!

Jessica Snyder said...

Holly:
this CRACKS me up! I can't believe how many baby clothes you have! I guess you have been collecting them through three kids though- that is too funny!

Amelia said...

I can't believe you like to be surprised- good for you! Any idea of what this one is?

Jamie said...

I agree girl clothes are a lot of fun to buy. Do you want a girl or a boy?

Maddy said...

Oh my gosh, I am not surprised. I remember when you were pregnant with Bria and working at GAP and you would always come home with the cutest stuff for "just in case."

With Nate, he got a lot of hand me downs, but now my hand me down source has moved away and now I may have to actually BUY clothes for him. Which may be better anyway, since most of the hand me downs were slightly boring or a little "off" of my taste anyway.

Kathy said...

Wow you have a lot of clothes!!! I signed up kaden but Mads said she just did not want to play soccer this year. Lets play soon!!

crazy4danes said...

Holy cow that's a lot of clothes! :D And you are so super organized! Wow!

Anyways, we must get together soon! Let me know what days are best for you and let's do it!!! :)